Wednesday 13 August 2008

Mixed service from Homebase

Last year there was a sunny Friday evening. I set-up our new barbeque, a wedding present, and went to Homebase to buy the gas. On getting home I realised that the gas didn't fit the regulator clip. Then it started raining. We cooked under the grill.

I found the receipt for the unused gas. I paid £45 for a full container of gas and to rent the bottle. I expected to get only a 50 per cent refund on the gas but a full refund for the bottle. I only got £9.96 - 50% of the price of the gas and nothing for the bottle.

What was good was that Andrew, the person who served me, was really keen to help. He checked the terms and conditions and spoke to three different colleagues (including his manager) to make sure he was treating me properly. I was really pleased about that.

However, not only were Homebase unclear when they sold the original bottle, but their deal was a lot worse than my local BP garade where I bought the right bas bottle. Not only was it much cheaper, but they will return the deposit for the bottle.

If anyone from Homebase reads this then I'd be grateful to understand whether this is in line with the terms and conditions but - the wider point - whether it's fair that they get back a £35 bottle full with gas without returning the price for the bottle.

No comments:

 
Business Haabaa Free Website Directory
Human edited search engine friendly web directory, add your site free!