Sunday 27 July 2008

Breakfast

So, I broke my fast after almost 24 hours of not eating (I fell asleep when I should have gone to dinner).

I put breakfast and Spokane into Google and went to the top recommendation - Frank's Diner. It's based in an old railway carriage (old by US standards) and has served the best breakfast in Spokane for 11 of the last 12 years.

Here's the view from my seat at the bar:


It was quite a wait (which is always reassuring) although the locals mostly said that the food was horrible upon leaving the restaurant; a local custom I wasn't going to try.

I had a homemade waffle (about 12 inches in diameter) served with Priest Lake Hucklberries and cream on the top. I poured on the maple syrup to try and fit in. And I got three refills of coffee (at no extra charge).

It was fantastic food and a good atmosphere - I'll be back to try the six egg omlette (even though they can't spell it).

No comments:

 
Business Haabaa Free Website Directory
Human edited search engine friendly web directory, add your site free!