- A coffee at Starbucks is about 1.70
- A main meal at a chain restaurant is about 8.00
- A pint of Guniness is about 2.00
- A regular price CD is about 13.99
But of course, the prices I've given are payable in dollars, which is currently 1.8 to GBP.
So what does that mean for the cost of living?
- The median wage is $40,000 in Spokane and £30,264 in London
- However, that difference must be accounted for in mortage repayments. The median house price in Spokane is almost $200,000, the average in Greater London £358,500.
- 12.3% of people in Spokane live below the poverty line whilst 15% of (working age) Londoners live below the poverty line*
Interestingly, income tax doesn't appear to be significantly different (there's no state income tax in WA).