A decent blog should be getting an audience of at least 250 readers a day and often hit 500.
We've made a number of assumptions here (and this is largely meant to be thought provoking).
- a blog takes an hour a day to write
- this chief executive is paid £100,000 per annum
- our consultancy fees are included
- a redesign is necessary
- the blog is hosted externally
- If you had a daily newspaper column in a high circulation national newspaper, you would have a larger audience at a cheaper price.
- If you were on the Today programme each day, blogging wouldn't be worth it
- If you addressed a conference of 500 people, blogging would be more cost effective
- If you sent an email newsletter each day, blogging would reach more people
- If you brought billboard advertising, radio advertising or a TV spot, blogging would still be cheaper
- If you brought keyword advertising on search engines, blogging would still be cheaper